Monday, February 19, 2007

First Congress As VP

It finally felt official tonight. I think it sunk in for the first time when I gave the speech, but really felt like I was the Vice President tonight during the Congress meeting.

The meeting went very smoothly and I think we were effective and efficient. We had a visitor from the internet technology department. He spoke about the recent block on peer-to-peer file blocks that were put in place in January. Mark Roderique was sworn in (by Greg) as the new National Communications Coordinator and we moved quickly through the five pieces of legislation before the executive report. My first exec report consisted of only informing Congress of my office hour change.

The Internal Committee passed one piece of legislation and the External committee started planning the ideas for event that Greg and I came up with. Mizzou Mercenaries, Midnight Mafia and a Highlighter Dance (that one's not ours). That should take us through the end of the year.

No comments: